T H I S I S
HOW IT ALL WORKS!
From the time you call or meet us until the day you move in and admire your achievement, we will support and guide you every step of the way. You can rely on our years of expertise, just as we will rely on your passion and input. It is our sincere wish to make a difference in your life, and we promise to work with you and ensure that designing and building your kit home will be as fulfilling and exciting for you as it is for us. We genuinely want building your new home to be a seamless, stress-free experience for you and your family.
Step 1 – DESIGN CONSULTATION
PROVIDE US WITH:
- Details of your land – dimensions, sloping or flat, rural or town block, potential
views, prevailing breezes; please give possible siting of your home if on
acreage and preference for steel or timber frames.
- A written or verbal brief of your ideas for your home. This can be based on one of our own plans or on your own design. Consider room placement,number of bedrooms, preferred room sizes, any special considerations such as wheel chair access.
- Any design ideas from magazines, photos or perhaps your own sketched
plans or drawings.
- Based on your brief and ideas , we design your home and supply you with a computer generated floor plan. This floor plan can be modified, enlarged or reduced until we get it right and the design is perfect for you and your budget for a nominal amount.
- We prepare an estimate of the total cost of your kit based on this plan
- Please check with your local authority in regard to possible covenants on your land, height restrictions, BAL (Bush Fire Attack) zoning, Flood Level Zoning, regulations regarding water tanks, water treatment, etc. The local council will be the best source of information here.
Step 2 – PRELIMINARY PLANS
- Obtain a clear copy of the Land Title and Registered Plan (RP) from the Dept of Lands
- Arrange a soil report with a Geotechnical Engineer (if you are building on acreage, you will require a treatment plant/septic design as well)
- Organise a contour survey of your land with a Land Surveyor
- Provide us with any property information from your rates notice or local council
- We can organise the above information for you..just ask
- The OK to proceed to the next stage with a deposit of $7500 (this amount forms part of the kit cost)
- We comprehensively go through all aspects of your design with you to ensure it is prefect
- Our draftsperson will provide you with a set of Preliminary Plans including home placement on your site, floor plan and elevations. You are still able to make changes at this stage and we allow for these drawings to be sent back to the draftsperson twice for changes to be made.
- Using these drawings we contract our engineers to design the foundations, structural tie down and bracing
- Based on the plans and engineering we can provide you with a Guaranteed Fixed Price to supply your kit home to your site.
- Please check the your preliminary plans thoroughly before sending them to the draftsperson. Important to note is the window sizes and placement
- During this time we will provide you with colour selection charts for roofing and guttering as well as information on cladding options.
FIXED PRICE PROPOSAL
Step3 – FIXED PRICE PROPOSAL
- We ask that you sign and return our ‘Proposal. This proposal thoroughly outlines what you can expect to receive in your kit, specifications and the Guaranteed Fixed Price of your kit home
- We finalise all variations, compile floor plan and inclusion options and prepare material checklist
- prepare a Purchase Agreement
- Provide you with Working Drawings and Engineering
Step 3 – PURCHASE AGREEMENT
- Please sign and return the Purchase Agreement together with 10% deposit of your kit price
- Confirm colour selections for roof, guttering and cladding preference
- Sign the completed Working Drawings and Specifications
- We prepare colour coded and laminated construction details
- Prepare a comprehensive Bill of Quantities
- We begin the ordering process so your materials will be ready when you are
- Organisation of delivery times with suppliers
- This is the point at which you present plans to council for approval
- An alternative to council is a certifier. Usually less fuss and can give approval in days in some areas
Step 4 – KIT SUPPLY
- Please let us know when you have full council/certifier approval
- Please provide a mud map to site if on rural land.
- Stage 1 delivery of kit materials to your site. (View Delivery Schedule)
- We notify you of delivery dates throughout the process. This is especially important for some deliveries which will require you to organise a crane or fork lift to unload heavier items
- Free phone support during the entire construction process
- Please ensure that there is suitable all-weather access for delivery vehicles. This is especially important on rural blocks
- Please ensure that you have organised a crane or fork lift to unload the heavier items
- Please ensure protection is provided for internal materials when delivered
Step 5 – CONSTRUCTION
- Pay further stage payments as necessary. We require 10 days minimum lead time for all deliveries (View Payment Schedule)
- Prompt delivery of all materials
- Ongoing phone support during construction to assist you and/or your builder. We are only a phone call away.
- Check all materials immediately for transit damage or loss
Step 6 – COMPLETION
- For your peace of mind we allow the last payment to be made when you are completely happy with all the kit materials as promised. Upon completion we request this payment to be made
- We will send you all structural guarantee certificates for Council.
CELEBRATE YOUR ACHIEVEMENT!
Step 7 – CELEBRATE YOUR ACHIEVEMENT!
This is where you sit back, relax and enjoy your life in your new home. You have played a huge role in the design and construction of your home. You deserve a pat on the back for such an achievement. We certainly hope that we have made a beautiful home easy for you! CKH also have a sense of pride that we have made a difference in the lives of our clients. That is why we are in business!
We contacted 16 builders with our plans and of those, six responded with quotes. We did our homework and contacted previous clients of all six builders. In your case your reputation far exceeded anyone else, with all your clients showering praise upon you and your team.
Clive & Elisabeth Waring – Maleny
What was it that differentiated Classic Kit Homes from other companies I had spoken with? The team listened to me. They did not try to sell me a house of their choosing, they designed a home to suit me and my needs. I am so glad that I chose Classic Kit Homes.
Marlene Jackson – Reeseville
Both Adrian and Ken were extremely professional and helpful in guiding us through the complexities of the designs whilst listening to our ideas and adjusting the plans accordingly. We have to say we’re very pleased with the end result, a solidly built home with great street appeal which has won an award for ‘Best Use of Timber’.
Brian & Susie Houston – Noosa
Great hassle-free service from start to completion and it was completed as per contract conditions. Planning on another build in the future and will be using you again without doubt.
Andrew – Eudlo QLD
I am so glad that I chose Classic Kit Homes and I would recommend them to anyone who wants a home that really suits their needs. My home came in on budget and on time, and the whole team worked with me to make my dream home a reality.
Marlene Jackson – Reeseville
LET’S TALK. BOOK A CONSULT
Which of these best describe where you’re at right now?